2wire Terminal Dump

Tuesday, September 6, 2011 Posted by Unknown
Connecting to Serial interface on the AT&T U-verse router. Once you open the bad boy up Solder pins to the main board. (post pictures soon. Pin 1: Power 3.3v Pin 2: RX aka Data from unit to PC aka (MISO) Pin 3: TX aka Data from PC to Unit aka (MOSI). Pin 4: Ground.  Connecting via Bus Pirate @ 38400 baudrate. Set the bus pirate to UART  with default  settings. Used macro (1) that sets up a transparent bridge.  Make sure nothing else is plugged into the router (RJ-45, Broadband, USB) Takes about 1-2min to load.

Used "Tera Term" for my terminal. Terminal Dump Just ran through each option to show all menus.

If you like Linux (Like I do, but I just had a problem with the driver) Minicom will work perfect.

More to come.. I still have two other possible serial connections points on the main board. Also, if I can't get the firmware this way I will have to find a way to take it off the ROM chip its self using SPI/RAW2Wire/etc.

source: Wasn't much help :p but did help so here is some credit :) http://rsaxvc.net/blog/2011/01/opening-and-getting-console-on-att-u-verse-3800hgv-b.html
Labels:

Post a Comment