Cracking Time Warner Cable Default WPA

Tuesday, June 26, 2012 Posted by Unknown
In the Texas area I have noticed that all Time Warner Cable wireless access points are setup with the home owners home phone number. 


When I say all I really mean the 3 I have ran across but close enough for me. 


Using http://www.telcodata.us/ collected data for all phone numbers in Texas that belong to Time Warner. Cleaned the file up using a quick and dirty python program. TimeWarnerNum.dict 


First you need to collect the 4-way handshake.


Using oclHashCat-Plus to crack the WPA1/2 password. This is optimized for my AMD graphics card you can change the settings for your card. 


./oclHashcat-plus -m 2500 capture.hccap -a 6 -o TimeWarnerNum.dict ?d?d?d?d --output-format=6 --gpu-accel=32 --gpu-loops=256 --perm-min=10 --perm-max=10


This will append every possible digit to all the numbers Time Warner own. Because they own subset numbers like 972-966-7 if you don't set the min and max to 10 you will create 11 digit numbers.

Labels: , ,

Post a Comment